Monday, February 12, 2018

Over the Garden Wall by Pat MacHale

Cover image for Over the garden wall. Volume twoThis is an odd little graphic novel that says it is based on a Cartoon Network mini-series.  Since I haven't seen the mini-series, it actually made very little sense to me.  That said, the illustrations were interesting and I think if I had known what was going on, I might have enjoyed it.  It will be interesting to see how well it circulates. 

Oh, I just realized something.  The one I read, (though marked with a #1 on the spine) is actually the second in the series.  So not only had I not seen the TV series, I haven't read the first book.  No wonder it didn't make sense. 

Ha ha, the joke's on me.  I thought I put it on hold because it was on my starred review list, but actually I just needed to change the call number on the spine.  Classic librarian fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment