Friday, March 16, 2018

Stranger and Stranger by Rob Reger

Image result for stranger and stranger by regerEmily and her mother are moving to a new town, and Emily isn't happy about it.  Once she gets there, she plans to pull a prank on her new neighbors by duplicating them all, and then laughing at the confusion it causes.  However, her plan backfires and the only one she manages to duplicate is herself.  Is the world ready for two Emily Stranges?  Is Emily?

Here is the second book in the quirky series I started because I was tired of the "critically acclaimed" books I had been reading for the last few months.  I rather enjoyed the first one, but this second wasn't as good.  It still had the fun kind of goth/noir feel, and there was a little mystery to solve, but it just got a bit too "out there" for me. There were too many times when even a stretch, a looong stretch, of the imagination wasn't enough to make something work in my mind.  I won't say more because of not wanting to be a spoiler but I will say I am not really planning on reading any more in the series. (2010, 272 p.)

No comments:

Post a Comment