Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Daybreak Bond by Megan Frazer Blackmore

Cover image for The daybreak bondMori, Julia, Benji and Theo leave their isolated utopian town of Old Harmony, to try to get help for their friend, the cyborg Ilana.  As they experience the outside world for the first time they discover that it is both less, and in some ways more horrifying than they had thought.

I didn't realize until just now when I looked this book up on our catalog, that is this the second in a series.  I thought the beginning was a little ambiguous, but I guessed it was a stylistic choice not to explain what was going on at first.  Ha, ha!  I don't think I will go back and read the first one.  This was only a B level science fiction because the author was more concerned with plot than personality.  I never really felt like there was a difference in the personalities of the main characters.  The author kept telling us that they were different, but she didn't do a great job of showing us they were different.  I never really connected with any of them.  Maybe if I had read the first book, I would have liked this one better.  I guess I will never know. (326 p. 2017)


No comments:

Post a Comment