Friday, September 28, 2018

Digging for Trouble by Linda Fairstein

Cover image for Digging for troubleIn this second in the Devlin Quick mystery series we find Devlin and her friend Katie working as volunteers at a dinosaur dig in Montana.  Katie finds some fossils that are quickly snatched away from her by one of the dig team members.  Later when they are returned to Katie, they have been altered.  Devlin suspects that something is going on and starts to investigate.  Her suspicions follow her as she returns to New York, and lead her to the Museum of Natural History.  

In my post about the first one in this series, I said I probably wouldn't bother to read the second, but I found myself between books so I checked out this one.  It was pretty much like the first one.  Devlin is still a risk-taker, who is really good at rationalizing rule breaking.  This one had the added problem of having questionable science in it.  The author clearly didn't do very extensive research in how paleontologists handle dinosaur bones.  Some of her facts were correct, while others made my eyebrows raise. Still, it is an entertaining book that I think kids who like mysteries would enjoy.   (2017, 331 p.)

No comments:

Post a Comment