Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Daisy's Decorating Dilema by Brandi Dougherty

Cover image for Daisy's decorating dilemmaDaisy is a flower fairy in charge of the decorations for an upcoming party, the Blossom Bash.  Each of her flower fairy friends wants the decorations to look like their favorite flower.  Daisy doesn't want to offend any of them, but they can't all have their way, can they?

This is the first in the new chapter book "Wild Fairies" series.  The story is not that special, but the color illustrations are darling.  At the end of the book, Dougherty includes information about  each of the fairies, a recipe, a "spot the differences" game, and a game to find your "fairy name". I think I would have loved that kind of thing when I was seven. The text density is pretty low, so I think I will be recommending this book for kids who like Princess in Black, but are looking for the next step up in reading level.  (2018, 97 p.)


No comments:

Post a Comment