Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Question of the Dead Mistress by E.J. Cooper

This is the fifth book in the "Aspergers Mysteries"  series.  In this one a women asks Samuel Hoenig and Janet Washburn if her husband is having an affair with a ghost.  Samuel believes that ghosts are not real and therefore wishes to dismiss the question.  Janet had an experience as a youth that made her believe in ghosts.  As a concession, Samuel encourages Janet to take on the case by herself.  It strains their already tenuous relationship, but leads to the discovery of a very twisted tale of deceit and betrayal.

I checked this out in a hurry when I was about to go on a vacation.  I have enjoyed this series so far, but was sad when I discovered I missed one in between.  Samuel is an endearing character with his impressive logic and struggles with social interaction. The plot is well crafted and, as in the other books, has an interesting, not-too-predictable conclusion. The book is a light and interesting mystery and I will probably go back and read the one I missed. (2018, 228 p.)

No comments:

Post a Comment