Sunday, May 3, 2020

A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Hannah Richardson dreams of owning her own dress shop.  When a wealthy patrons dies, Hannah's dream quickly materializes when she inherits a shop in nearby town. Hannah's good fortune is J.T. Tucker's disappointment.  He had hoped to purchase the shop Hannah inherited. J.T. tries to be gentlemanly to the newcomer, but they never seem to be able to have a conversation without him saying something judgemental about her profession.  J.T. thinks fancy clothes are nothing but a temptation for women to become vain and self-centered.  Though Hannah and J.T. don't seem to get along very well at first, their small acts of kindness to each other hint of the growing admiration and attachment they share.

This was another book to fill the space between holds.  I found out about this author through a Christmas story collection I read last December.  Witemeyer is a Christian writer, and the story is full of what you might expect by way of the quoting of inspirational Bible verses and the learning of valuable Christian principles.  Still, I enjoyed the book.  It was a clean, sweet romance with likeable characters and an interesting (and for me) novel setting.  (I haven't read many 1850's western frontier type romances before).  I will probably keep Ms Witemeyer on my list of "go to" historical romance writers when I need to get through a stressful week. (2010, 348 p.)

No comments:

Post a Comment