Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Escape Artist by Brad Meltzer

 Nola Brown in on the list of casualties in a military transport plane crash in Alaska.  But when her body shows up at the mortuary at Dover Air Force Base, the mortician Zig, knows it is not Nola's body he is working on because he knew Nola as a child. Driven by his connection to his diseased daughter's friend, Zig starts investigating what happened to the the real Nola and finds himself caught up in a dark conspiracy that is more dangerous than he could have guessed. 

I checked out this book because it happened to be available when I finished the last one.  I had enjoyed his book The First Conspiracy, and it had been a while since I had read more "masculine" thriller.  This one was interesting in that it had none of the sexual content you often find in thrillers, but it was quite violent and dark. I probably had a lower threshold for that kind of content than a lot of people, but if you choose to read this, beware there is quite a bit of description about different ways people die. That being said, the plot and characterizations were quite good, good enough that I stuck with the book until its end.  I won't be reading any more in the series, though.  After I finished I quickly checked out a Christian Historical Fiction as kind of mental and emotional dental floss. (2018, 434 p)

No comments:

Post a Comment