Sunday, January 7, 2024

Voice of Dominion by Melanie Cellier

 Elena is starting her third year at the mage academy with a determination to avoid Prince Lucas and master the intricacies of Mage life. All of her plans are disrupted when a new threat is detected on the border, and her class is called there to "observe" the fighting.  Elena knows they are really going so that the troops will see her, the spoken mage, and get a boost in morale they dearly need. A brush with death bring Elena and Lucas back together but Elena is more sure than ever that there is a traitor in the highest levels of the government. Lucas is not convinced and that and other obstacles still stand in the way of their Happily Ever After.

I started a book this week that I have been waiting for on hold for a couple of months, but by a 1/4 of the way through it I realized it had more adult content than I wanted to deal with. So I returned it and turned back to Melanie Cellier once more, for a book I knew would be clean and entertaining.  It was, until right near the end when (spoiler alert) Elena makes a hasty and, I believe, stupid decision.  There was literally 15 minutes left in the book, and I almost turned it off right there, determined to be finished with the book and the series.  I hate it when otherwise smart characters make stupid decisions.  I did listen on, and Cellier recovered a little.  Still, I am not sure I will finish the series.... Who am I kidding, I probably will, but I will probably wait a while before I do. (316 p. 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment