Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spirit Animals: Wild Born by Brandon Mull

Cover image for Wild born Four children, each 11 years old, are bonded with four of the great spirit beasts.  Each child is from a different part of the world, and from varying social status and culture.  Despite their differences they must learn to work together, and with each of their spirit animals, if they want to save their world from The Devourer.

This week at our library we had a visit from the authors of the Spirit Animal series.  Brandon Mull, Garth Nix, Sean Williams and Maggie Steifvater were promoting the third book in the series.  I decided I wanted to read at least a little of the series before the event.  I hadn't read them before because I haven't been a huge fan of Brandon Mull.  I tried to read The Candy Shop War and couldn't get through it.  This one, however, I enjoyed and I am half way through the second. Ok, so there is nothing really new here, but the characters are interesting, and their individual struggles to learn to work together makes for a fun and compelling story.  This is a good one for kids who liked Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, and are ready for something a little different.  (202 p)


No comments:

Post a Comment