Tuesday, June 26, 2018

DK Findout! World War II

I can't get the text to wrap around this image.
DK Findout! is a new series by DK that is very much like their old Eyewitness series.  It it has the same kind of format with lots of pictures and small text boxes. This volume contains all the standard topics and information on WWII.  I discovered a few facts that I didn't know before like that Russia had a group of women bomber pilots that went out at night.  The Germans called them Naghthexen, or night witches (which is pretty cool).  DK is a British publisher, so this book has a European perspective on the war.  I read the book on my Kindle, and when I was done I was disappointed to find out that it seems to only be available in paperback (and ebook), and that our library doesn't have a physical copy.  These kind of fast fact books are great to check out and put on the coffee table.  I used to do that when my kids were at home.  During the course of the week each of them would pick up the book and spend at least some time looking through it. These are also great for the reluctant reader kids who can't be bothered with fiction stories. (64 p., 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment