Saturday, March 28, 2020

Another author to avoid

I was so stressed this week that I went looking for another historical romance to read.  I read a "If you like Georgette Heyer" blog post, and chose one of the authors suggested, Julia Quinn. Well, all I can say is that I should have read more reviews.  It started out with fun snappy dialog and endearing characters.  Unfortunately by the end it was way, way outside my comfort zone for sexual content.  I didn't really finish it but I skipped to the end to see if the author would have the characters suffer the real consequences of their behavior--guilt, unwanted pregnancy, social ruin--but no.  So, I won't even list the name of the book.  I only list the author so others might avoid her. I may be a terrible prude, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment