Thursday, August 5, 2021

Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck

 Regina Beswick is a good old Florida girl who used to be an accountant but recently left the corporate ratrace to try her hand at restoring classic cars.  She thinks she has found her "happy place" until Tanner Burkhardt from the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg shows up and informs her that she is the heir to the thrown of Hessenberg and the only one who can save their small country from perminantly become a vassel state to Brighton. She has to decide what is more important to her, her family heritage or living her dream. Her decision becomes even more complicated when she suspects that she is falling for the charming Tanner, who has a checkered past.

This is the second in the "Royal Wedding Series."  It is just as silly and improbable as the first, but after reading the books about the cold war, and WWII, I was in the mood for something light and I enjoyed reading it quite a bit. The next time I am in a low mood, I will probably listen to the next in the series as well.  I am not ashamed to admit it.  Sometimes I just want to read trite escapist Christian romances (so shoot me.)  (368 p. 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment