Saturday, December 26, 2015

Valley of Kings by Michael Northrop

Cover image for Valley of KingsThis is Book 3 of the TombQuest series.  Alex, Ren and Luke have traveled to Egypt looking for Alex's mom, and the Lost Spells in the Valley of the Kings.  Another Death Walker is causing the famous archaeological sight to burn with extreme heat and light every day.  Alex and Ren, once again, must find out who the death walker is and how to destroy it.

Whereas the last book was all about zombies, this one all about mummies. The action writing is good. There is a little plot development, and a little character development, but mostly it is more of the same.  Kids who liked the first two books, will like this one, too, I guess, but I am losing interest.  Plus there was a plot twist at the end I didn't like.  I don't know if I will read the next one.  (190 p)

No comments:

Post a Comment