Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Question of the Missing Head E.J. Copperman

Cover image for The question of the missing head : an Asperger's mysterySamuel Hoenig, who is a genius with high functioning autism, has started a business called, Questions Answered.  When a cryogenics company comes to him for help finding a missing "client" he takes the job.  Soon the case of larceny becomes a murder case as he and his new associate, Ms Washburn, discover a dead body in the cryogenics lab. Samuel's extreme Asperger's ability to notice and interpret clues and Ms. Washburn's astute understanding of human nature are the perfect combination to solve the mystery.

I checked out this novel because it came up on my screen when I was looking for books about Aspergers, and I was curious.  It turned out to be a highly entertaining and very clean mystery. I have studied a little about people with Aspergers, and I thought the author over did it a bit with the stereotypical Aspergers personality traits, but I still enjoyed the interaction between Samuel and Ms Washburn.  Samuel is charmingly both confident and incredibly insecure. I liked that Copperman has Ms Washburn, who serves as Samuel's translator-of-confusing-social-quirks, contribute her own shrewd detective instincts to solving the case. I may well read more in the series just for fun. (2014, 342 p)

No comments:

Post a Comment