Saturday, December 25, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid : Greg Heffley's Journal by Jeff Kinney


I know this series is immensely popular, but I put off reading it for a long time. I think both the title and the cover put me off. I don't like books where the main characters act stupid. However, I am doing a library program on this book in February, so I thought I better read it. Actually, I was pleasantly surprized. The author really captured the utter social ineptitude that plagues a lot of 11 and 12 year old boys. It was interesting to read this right after reading the Sisters Club books. The girls in that book are so much more emotionally complex. I think that is pretty true to life. Greg does some pretty insensitive things, and is totally and blissfully oblivious. It wasn't really funny to me, but it was interestinging and amusing. I could see how boys of the same age of the main character might think it was hilarious. (I know several boys who do)

No comments:

Post a Comment