Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Ranger's Apprentice, The Lost Stories by John Flanagan

Cover image for The lost storiesOk, so I went and read another Ranger's Apprentice book.  This one is a collection of short stories.  Some of them fall chronologically between book 10 and 12 (the publisher calls this book 11).  Other stories look back to the past and fill in some gaps left in earlier stories.  The one I was most interested in was the story of when Crowley and Halt met.  I was hoping it would explain what happened in Ibernia that made Halt leave, but it didn't.  It just picks up when Halt was already in Araluen and meets Crowley in a bar. I guess you get the earlier story in "The Royal Ranger."  Still, I enjoyed the book. I think Flanagan may have written it thinking it would be the end of the series.  A lot of loose ends were tied up, people get married and live happily ever after, etc. I think I will treat it that way.  I think I am officially done with the series, at least for now. (422 p.)


No comments:

Post a Comment